Stolen Vehicle Recovery
Call the Police. Then call the Elo GPS Recovery Hotline:
What to Do If Your Vehicle is Stolen
Call the Police
Contact your local police department immediately to file a report. You typically need to provide them with the following information:
- Detailed description of your car.
- Vehicle Identification Number or (VIN) – Tip: pull from your car insurance policy)
- License Plate Number
- Driver’s License Number
- Most likely, they will add your car information to nationwide records which will make it much harder for the thief to sell it or re-title it.
Call Elo GPS Stolen Recovery 1-855-465-4880
After filing a police report, call us. A Elo GPS recovery agent will need to verify your account first so make sure you have the following information ready:
- Name the account is registered under
- Email address assigned to the account
- Then be prepared to share the following information to our recovery agent:
- Description of the car (make, model, year)
- Police Report / Case #
- The name and contact info of the person handling your case
After you’ve provided the above information, the Elo GPS vehicle recovery agent will work with law enforcement to recover your car.
Call Your Car Insurance Company
Make sure you call your insurance provider within 24 hours of your car being reported missing. This way your insurance provider can help protect you if your car is used to harm someone or do damage after the theft occurred.
Call Your Lender
If your car is leased or financed, you should also notify your lender.